There is so much to love about scallops. First, they are incredibly healthy with loads of B-12, omega-3 oils, and more. They are sustainable and an environmentally friendly seafood. They are sweet, succulent, tender, and delicately flavored. Sea scallops are among the most beloved of scallops, as they are large, delicious and incredibly easy to prepare. Imagine buttery, sweet scallop morsels, caramelized and browned on the outside, and tender on the inside. You may have seen them in a restaurant and been put off by the high price. But freshly frozen scallops, shipped on ice to your home, can be enjoyed for mere dollars per person. What are you waiting for? Try our luxurious and super-easy sea scallops today!
Scallops are shipped frozen
PreparationHow long does it take to prepare this delicacy? It takes only minutes. How hard is it? It is incredibly easy. There are many recipes, but they amount to browning your luscious large sea scallops in butter on top of your stove, with your favorite seasonings, for a little over 5 minutes. The only trick is to avoid overcooking these little gems.
Large Sea Scallops
20-30 count per lb.
Jumbo Sea Scallops
10-20 count per lb.
Giant Sea Scallops
10 or less count per lb.
"My husband loved your fresh scallops, and said they were the best he's ever had." -Janet of Flint, MI
Grilled Sea Scallops with Lime Butter
6-7 Large sea scallops
Salt and pepper (to taste)
1 Fresh lime
4 Tbsp. of butter
1 Tbsp. of olive oil
sprinkle of Paprika
Parsley (as a garnish)
1. Clean the scallops and dry with a paper towel.
2. Add pepper, salt, and paprika in a bowl, and squeeze lime juice into the bowl and mix
3. Add the egg yolk to the mixture (just the yolk) and whisk.
4. Melt the butter and slowly add the melted butter and then olive oil to the lime mixture while whisking.
5. Soak scallops in mixture for two hours.
6. Grill for about 3 minutes on medium-low heat.
7. Flip and brush mixture on top and grill another 3 minutes.
8. Garnish with parsley and serve.